I am a pastor, author, and coach who works with individuals teams, and organizations in creating new, life-giving futures. I have been engaged in professional ministry for the past 25 years serving congregations in the midwest and northeast as a settled pastor, Transitional Senior Minister, Senior Co-Minister, and church planter. I am currently serving as Designated Term Transitional Pastor of First Church of Christ in Saybrook (CT).
I look forward to working with you or your team.
I am a graduate of Calvin College (1992, B.A. English Literature, German), University of Chicago, (1996, M.Div.) and Andover Newton Theological School (2012, D.Min.).
- Ordained, United Church of Christ, 1999.
- Interim Ministry Network accredited Professional Transition Specialist.
- Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation.
- Andover Newton Theological School Jonathan Edwards Society.
- Assistant Teacher, Worcester Zen Temple.
- Hartford Association, United Church of Christ.
- UCC representative to the National Council of Churches Buddhist-Christian dialogue.
- Reconstructing Church: Tools for Turning Your Congregation Around, (Rowman & Littlefield, 2014).
My wife and I, Rev. Nicole Grant Yonkman, have been married for 26 years. We have served congregations in the Midwest and New England. We served 12 years as co-ministers. We have two adult daughters, three house rabbits, and a black lab named Mayleen.